Thursday 28 July 2016

The Rat Catcher (an npc)

I bought this figure from the Foundry whilst at BOYL last year and wanted to get him painted before my return visit to Nottingham, next weekend. I've also got a few other npc's that I'd like to get stuck into (with a paint brush) over the coming weeks to accompany the dungeon furniture I've also been working on. I like the idea of being able to include them all in games to help progress the narrative and to create a prettier picture.

He may need a bigger cage (and may not be quite so affectionate) to the bigger rats emerging from the sewers...

I think he needs some sort of logo / pattern or text on his sash - any ideas?

I put a bit more effort into the base for this miniature, leaving the slotta opening uncovered by greenstuff when sculpting the cobbles, to act as an open drain and I then used a little plasticard / rod for the rusted pipe and drain cover.



A bit of Nurgle's Rot mixed in with some Woodland Scenics water effects were poured into the sealed gap to create the look of running sewage.






I found this picture online which obviously heavily influences the sculpt and I did consider using a range of black and white clothing on him.

In the end I decided to use some of the striking yellow and red patterns that I remember from the Pied Piper of Hamlyn on my Rat Catcher's shirt and stockings.

But I also wanted to give him a bit of a dapper look with a tweed overcoat based upon this.

No comments:

Post a Comment