Monday 15 December 2014

Back catalogue - a swamp troll


A little while back I got my hands on a sole plastic troll, it looked kinda cool from what I'd seen on the Internet, however the heads always looked a bit strange. So a quick conversion by adding the plastic Giant head and then removing the weapon and replacing it with a branch. To add some character there's a bit of greenstuff in his mouth to mimic some troll vomit:


To help with the illusion of him standing in a shallow swamp I didn't apply the feet and I then added some mushrooms, a rat and a floating body, all filed flat to sit flush on the base.
The base itself was then sanded smooth to remove the texture you get on them and when the miniature was completed I applied several coats of gloss varnish to get the final swamp appearance. For the branch I also added small bits of moss and I also used a Tamiya Mud weathering stick, which is basically a brown oil pastel.
Anyway I'm really happy with this figure and would like to make two more to create a unit of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment